PLACES/INSTITUTIONS AVAILABLE WITHIN 100 KMS FOR STUDY TOURS WITH BRIEF DESCRIPTION
1. B.M. Birla Science Centre:- It is located in the art of the picturesque city of Hyderabad, on the Panoramic hillock of Narbat Pahad surrounded by gardens. The Birla Science Centre houses a number of sections such as a planetarium, a science museum the centre for applicable mathematics and computer sciences, a science project division and so on.
2. The Center for cellular and Molecular Biology(CCMB) is one of the constituent national laboratories of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research CSIR, the premier multidisciplinary research and development organization of the government of India. The main research areas are of the bio-medicine and diagnostics, evolution and development, gene regulation in prokaryotes and eukaryotes, host-parasite, membrane biology, protein structure, bio informatics, functional genomics, theoretical biology, etc. CCMB has also taken lead in the dissemination of modern biological information through popularization of science, science education in schools and has been a meeting point for art and science.
3. CDFD:- The centre for DNA Finger Printing and Diagnostics is an autonomous organization funded by the department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. The centre does services in the area of bio-informatics, diagnostics, DNA finger printing. The main research p CDFD:- The centre for DNA Finger Printing and Diagnostics is an autonomous organization funded by the department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. The centre does services in the area of bio-informatics, diagnostics, DNA finger printing. The main research programs are in the field of bacteria, genetics, bio-informatics, cancer biology, immunology, molecular genetics, oncology, virology etc.
4. Central Forensic Science Laboratory, CFIS complex, Ramanathapur, Hyderabad
A.P. Forensic Lab:- It is located in Red Hills, Hyderabad. Most crimes leave behind the traces of silent evidences such as blood stain, bullet, hair. These became valuable pieces of evidence in the hands of forensic scientists to unravel the mysteries.
5. CIEFL:- The central institute of English and Foreign languages (CIEFL) is an autonomous institution, registered as a society. It is a national institute of higher education. CIEFL provides for the study of English and Foreign Languages and their literatures, organization of research training of teachers, production of teaching materials, and extensive services, to help improve the standards of teaching of English and Foreign languages in India. It is the university catering exclusively to the teaching/learning foreign languages. The institute offers academic programs in English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Russian and Spanish.
6. ICRISAT:- International crops research institute for the semi-Arid Tropics explores opportunities for sustainable development in the drylands of the developing world. It is located at Patancheru, Hyderabad. It generates cutting edge knowledge about crop genes, Production systems, and natural research management in the agricultural knowledge to increase the income and quality of life for poor farmers.
7. IICT:- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad is a premier R&D institute in the country. The institute had its origin as the central laboratories for scientific and industrial research (CLSIR) established in 1944 by the government of Hyderabad State Institute of Chemical Technology is a constituent lab of CSIR and is recognized for multidisciplinary research activities and the expertise developed in the area of chemical technology.
8. National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) is India’s premier nutrition research working under the aegis of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
The main objectives of the institute are: -
1) To identify various dietary and nutrition problems prevelant among different segments of the population in the country.
2) To continuously monitor diet and nutrition situation of the country.
3) To evolve effective methods of management and prevention of nutritional problems.
9. The National Geophysical Research Institute(NGRI) was establish under CISR in 1961 and Hyderabad with mission to be the premier geoscientific in India. The major research and development programs of the institute relate to the following fields:
1) Exploration o hydrocarbon and coal
2) Mineral Exploration and Engineering Geophysics
3) Exploration, assessment and management of ground water resources
4) Earthquake hazard assessment
5) Structure of earth’s interior and history of its evolution in space and time.
6) Development of geophysical instruments.
7) Special activities related to earth’s sciences.
10. National Remote Sensing Agency (NRSA)
The National Remote Sensing Agency (NRSA) in Balanagar, Hyderabad is a Department of Space sponsored organization devoted to the acquisition, processing and dissemination of remote sensing data. Data is acquired via India’s own IRS 1-A and 1B, as well as satellites belonging to other countries, such as USA’s Landsat. Whereas the reception and processing facilities are available at NRSA, the development of the sensors and the payloads are developed at ISRO’s Satellite Application Center (SAC).